Sunday, July 20, 2008

sweet sweat

I am not a person who typically sweats a lot. Very seldom does water drip profusely off my head while soaking my hair. And even less frequent are the occurrences where my shorts and shirt are drenched with perspiration. Yet there is a sense of accomplishment when the salty water rolls into my eyes or drips off my nose. Miles were crossed, hills were climbed, and much food was eaten... par for the course during RAGBRAI. I saw people chatting while riding, people walking their bikes while conquering hills, lots of laughing groups, and some infrequent - though obvious tears (the heat and hills and hunger can get to any novice or seasoned rider). One thing in common to everyone: the element of sweet sweat... Maybe tomorrow we can ride like the wind:)

No comments: