Saturday, May 17, 2008

weeds or wind?

It is a new season of wind and blowing dust, of sunshine and weeds, of summer schedules and camping gear. Although I didn't do the scheduled bike ride today, Kyle went out with a group and faced the wind head on - and later enjoyed the wind-powered energy that pushed him home. I couldn't help but notice red stripes on his head when he removed his helmet. That, and the familiar clean burn lines from his shorts as the sun bites REALLY set in. I'm reminded that bike riding can be fun and social. Biking also requires the necessary precautions of taking care of one's self. Water is essential, and on really challenging days, a couple of packets of 'goo' or a salted nut roll can go a long way to pick me up. And there is the all important sunscreen as well...

I must admit, I would rather have been riding than pulling the weeds out of our garden!

No comments: