Friday, May 16, 2008

The "spokin" word

Last night, I started thinking about how little time we have to prepare for our summer rides. It put a pit in my stomach... Although I love tours, the getting ready for it can sometimes seem like a job; once started, it is a great job. But getting back into shape after a long winter and wet spring has been no easy task. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing a sharp learning curve right now, or if it is just my body that forgets how to be active over a long hibernation period. Good luck with all your training! And I'll wish a good mindset for you as well. Let's RIDE!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I totally agree Trish. With the wet weather we have been having and the excuses you can come up with stuff you "have to do" hasn't gotten me out on my bike either. I went for my first ride of 6 miles last night to prepare for our 1st official ride tomorrow & although it took a while to finally get that 1st ride in - it felt really good to be out riding again. I am looking forward to the season.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to thank you all for including a Wakonda-ite on the first Biking Viking Ride! I'm excited to see biking taking off in our rural area. After all, we have good roads with low traffic and beautiful scenery; a cyclist's dream come true. Now as this group's first order of business, let's see what we can do about the wind!

I was thinking about a ride starting from Wakonda if/when you want to ride some new roads; perhaps an evening sometime. The area west of Wakonda near the Marindahl Lake area is very pretty and Volin makes for a nice rest stop. And a loop on the Bluff Road is another option. If you're ever interested in getting something together just let me know.

Thanks again and I look forward to riding with you all again soon!

Cathy